I got the attached, absolutely-amazing email from a friend this week. As I read the testimony of Nick Vujicic[1], I was so encouraged to believe that nothing is impossible with God by our sides. However, I was also shamed as I realized how many times I complain about the least little thing that I do not like. We in America have been blessed with so much abundance, and yet we are a nation of complainers. It is time for us to be thankful with what we have and to speak about the good instead of focusing on the negatives in our lives.
[1]For more information, see his website at http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/index.php .
Psalm 100:4 tells us to enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Just after giving this command, he emphasizes the importance of thankfulness by repeating the instructions to “be thankful to Him and bless His name.” Philippians 2:14 approaches the same subject in the opposite manner by saying, “Do all things without complaining and disputing.” The fact of the matter is that we get to choose how to look at everything we face in life – positively or negatively. The glass is either half-full or half-empty. We can look at circumstances as obstacles or opportunities. It is up to us.
Surely, from every human perspective, Nick Vujicic’s glass was less full than empty. There were definitely more obstacles than opportunities from the perspective of most of us. Yet this young man has found a way to turn his situation into opportunities and has used his circumstances to encourage them with possibilities instead of doubts. You simply cannot be the same after reading his testimony.
May the Lord touch your heart and encourage you to look for the bright side each and every day this week. Truly, we are a blessed people. Let us be thankful and bless His name for what we have instead of complaining about what we do not have. When we obey these commands, we enter into His presence. In God’s presence, we will see the many open doors that God places before us to touch the lives of those we meet.
No comments:
Post a Comment