Friday, October 12, 2007

Prayer

“Prayer is something that has always been a part
of me. I prayed when I needed to hear my Father’s
heart, when I was baptized by John, when I chose
the twelve, when I did mighty works, when I broke
bread, and when I blessed the children.

I prayed when facing my darkest hour, and I
prayed as I gave my life upon the cross. I prayed in
public before others, and I prayed alone. I prayed in
the daytime, and I prayed at night.

When I prayed with my disciples just before I was
arrested in the garden, you were included in that
prayer. When I taught my disciples how to pray, it
was for your understanding as well.

I know that I am not physically present with you
today as I was with my disciples so many years ago,
but my heart of prayer has not changed. I am praying
for you now because you are mine. My love for
you today is great, and my heart for you is full. I
pray peace over you and blessings upon you. I pray
rivers of joy to be within you and to flow out through
you. I pray good things over you. I pray that your life
will bear much fruit, that you will grow in grace, that
your faith will increase, and that you will stand
strong until the day that I see you face to face.”

JESUS

No comments: